RING AB MAD X FLEURS DE BAGNE

332,50 €

We are proud to introduce our collab « FLEURS DE BAGNE x AB MAD »

2 models available  : sterling silver 925/000

  • One Two-Two
  • Convoi de Forçats.

More details

History

History

These two ring models are manufactured exclusively for Fleurs de Bagne, fully handmade.

Le modèle "ONE TWO-TWO" :

This one refeers to one of the most luxurious and illustrates brothels in Paris on 1930’ and 1940’. The name was extracted from its address : 122 rue de Provence, Paris 9e.

Originaly, this is a 3-floor building, prince JOACHIM MURAT old mansion. It is heightened by 4-floors by Marcel Jamet in 1933 : in total, 7 imposing floors with white shutter always closed.

The One-Two-Twoopened in 1924 by Marcel Jamet, and his first wife Fernande who  calls herself Doriane, an old Chabanais service provider. By means of his husband, Doriane seeks to acquire of the 122, rue de Provence. This one has only at the beginning, just three « essoreuses ».

Mme Doriane give up the One-Two-Two, to follow a rich diplomat in 1939. She is replaced by Georgette Pélagie aka Fabienne, a young woman become novice-mistress at the age of 21 years old. Marcel Jamet marry her in 1942 and give a not normal banquet for fifty-six guests selected for which 34 magnums of champagne and 176 bottles are consumed.

The establishment carry 22 rooms decorated. There work from 40 to 65 women for 300 customers a day. It is open from 4pm to 4am. The novice-mistresses filter men at the entrance. Girls have to do four customers a day, an only two on sunday. The place is also composed by a bar, a restaurant for the girls and a surgery.

He works with a restaurant, the « bœuf à la ficelle », named as a cooked roast beef recipe hardened in a vegetable soup and spicy at the end of a string. Severs only wear high heels pumps and a camellia in the hair. Customers can come only to have a meal and show theirselves. Then take a coffee and smoke a cigar in a lounge talking with girls without obligation to go further. 

Le modèle "CONVOI DE FORÇATS" :

Single Trip to CAYENNE 

MARTINIÈRE: Floating Prison 

Le MARTINIÈRE was a cargo ship redeploy in Prison-Vessel.

Built in 1911 on W. Gray and Co. worksites in Hartle Pool in èngland, it is launched in 1912 untitled « Armanistan ». It is allowed to sail in 1913 under german flag named  « Duala » which was the Cameroun capital german belonging. In 1919, a part of the german fleet is delivered to allied as war repairs and the « Duala » is attributed to France. It is ceded by the minister of Colonies in the Vapor Navigation in Nantes Company (the CVNNC).

It is  converted in floating prison in Lorient’s arsenal, replacing «La Loire » which has ensured slaves transport to Cayenne from 1900’ to 1914’. Since 1891’, the CVNNC was linked, in fact, under contract with the Colonies Ministry for the carriage of the inmates to different prisons. It had been put into service in 1922 under the name of « MARTINIERE », name which figure on its hull but not the one of « La Martinière » inappropriately used by its users.

Charted by the CNNV, it became later the Transatlantic General Company’s property on July 1937. Until 1938, it will provide the liaison on the Guyane tiwce a year  in average, excepted, in february 1931, of a travel in Saigon to board in Cap Saint Jacques and on the Poulo Condor Island with 550 convicts to the Guyane. It will be resaled on July 1939 to the National Navy which make of it a floating pontoon in Lorient where it will sink in June 1940 following to a british aerian attack. 

The convicts were gathered in the « ile de RÉ » fortress, in St Martin de Ré, before being shipped in  Guyane. It’s at its closure, in 1873, of the lastest metropolitan prison of Toulon preceded by those of the Rochefort prison in 1852 and of the Brest one in 1858, that the Saint-Martin-de- Ré citadell, which operate as a jail, become the principal gathering place of convicts from differents detention centers.